To care for your area rug:
- Vacuum regularly. Do not use a beater bar attachment. If you cannot remove the beater bar, raise it as high as possible and vacuum carefully.
- When vacuuming, use the lowest available setting to prevent fibers from being pulled out of the rug backing.
- Sprouts that appear on the surface of the rug should be snipped at level. Do not pull the fiber out.
- If you own a natural fiber rug, be sure to vacuum the area underneath the rug periodically.
- Spills should be cleaned immediately. Avoid rubbing, as this may push the stain deeper into the rug.
- To promote even wear of the rug surface, rotate regularly.
- Avoid exposing rugs to continuous direct sunlight. This will cause colors to fade over time.
For deep cleaning, professional assistance is highly recommended.