Quick general tips to care for your area rug:
- Vacuum regularly. Do not use a beater bar attachment. If you cannot remove the beater bar, raise it as high as possible and vacuum carefully.
- When vacuuming, use the lowest available setting to prevent fibers from being pulled out of the rug backing.
- Sprouts that appear on the surface of the rug should be snipped at level. Do not pull the fiber out.
- If you own a natural fiber rug, be sure to vacuum the area underneath the rug periodically.
- Spills should be cleaned immediately using a clean white cloth. Avoid rubbing, as this may push the stain deeper into the rug.
- To promote even wear of the rug surface, rotate regularly.
- Avoid exposing rugs to continuous direct sunlight. This will cause colors to fade over time.
For deep cleaning, professional assistance is highly recommended.
To see rug care guides based on rug type, click HERE!